Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Away From the Maddening Crowd














My heart is really leaning toward my blog and away from the hubbub and hassle of trying to promote sales. If I could close my eyes and make a wish...ah well, that would be magic and there is so little of that left in the world of grown up politics and realities.

Not long ago we had a wooden bridge built across a small creek at the back of our property, it was a necessity as our land extended across this little creek. After two years time the brush and weeds had taken over, making it an almost impenetrable bramble and with the dry spell the brush had become a tinderbox, a menacing fire hazard and needed desperately to be mowed.

My dearest hubby, John, constructed this bridge with the help of carpenter friend. I have to applaud them both as I think they did a marvelous job.
The wooden bridge fits nicely in this wooded location...it is my bridge in paradise, a place to linger and listen to the chirps of a squirrel, the songs of birds, to feel the breeze on my face and hear its melody as it sings through the foliage of the trees.





3 comments:

  1. Very scenic, a lovely getaway into the wonders of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need our own little oasis, a place of soothing calm were we can release tension, energize our minds and refresh our spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...