Monday, April 13, 2009

To Bead or Not to Bead ?

Just spent the weekend crafting some seed bead earrings. One pair, dangling fuchsia flowers, took me over 10 hours to make...mainly because I hadn't made this pattern in ages (also had modified the original pattern as I like my altered version better) so it was a re-learning process. I wish I had taken a photo of them hanging but couldn't seem to come up with anything from which to hang them from ! Everything I tried looked unnatural or was too short, these dangles hang about 2" from the loop of the ear wire.

I made the mistake of getting on the Etsy Forum and asking opinions, I should know better than that as everybody has their own opinion...one person thought they looked childish...another thought that big and chunky is in and these were too dainty and then yet another comment seemed to have nothing at all to do with my question...that happens a lot in the forums, people are in a hurry to post in as many threads as possible and don't really read. Anyway from the few comments I received the consensus was to "forget ta bout it !"

The second pair of earrings are totally different but I've not finished them yet so couldn't post a photo. Perhaps I should stick to gardening ?




2 comments:

  1. I have complete admiration for you! I have no patience to work with seed beads except in small doses. The very few projects I've done with a lot of small beads have left me wanting to scratch my eyes out even though I was happy with the result. I have respect for such intricate artistry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I couldn't do this myself, so I admire you for being able to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...