Tuesday, November 9, 2010

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU ... ALY


I've seen this sign many times and many times I've wanted to photograph it but never had my Mickey Mouse camera with me.  This past Monday was different.  As we started to head out and make our way to the Ellenton Outlet Mall, about a 20 to 25 minute drive north of us, it dawned on me to get out of the car and go fetch my camera (Mickey Mouse though it may be). 
This one's for you Aly of AlyGator's Everywhere (a fantastic blog, by the way, for those unfamiliar with it).  This sign sits outside of one of my favorite restaurants, which I will blog about sometime in the near future.  Each time I see it  I think of Alyssa and how I'd like to post a photo of it with the words; "This One's For You Aly" ... maybe not better than a cold Bud on a hot day, but worth a smile.  : )
Photo above ... the pond behind the Crab Trap II.  In the early evening all the egrets in what seems to be a 20 mile radius, fly in and flock in these trees.  It is a very impressive sight to see.
Photo below ... self explanatory.


8 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I love these types of signs! I should remember my camera when I see the rattlesnake protection sign in one of the rest area's we stop at frequently especially since it is in NY and you wouldn't think they could survive our winters! Hope Aly likes this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Aly's blog is awesome, I don't know how she does everything she does, but I bet you will hear her chuckling over this one :)

    Thanks for sharing bright sunny photos we need it here, it has started to feel like winter. :(

    Have a lovely day, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love signs like that! Gators!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely the first time in my life I've ever seen that sign. In the northeast the scariest thing we warn people about with signs is a dog. And even they're freezing their tails off this time of year so its far less likely you'd get attacked. Unless you're wearing a down jacket, they'll steal it right off your back just to stay warm lol

    Been meaning to get over to Aly's page for a while...now seems like as good a time as any!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Ok I would have been afraid to get out of the car !!! Hahaha - we'd prob. never get to go to that restraunt if you have to cross a bridge that says "Don't feed the gators" as the boys watch waaaay too much National Geographic! Hahaha - Great picture!!

    Happy Friday : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey is that a floating gator in the pond? You are so lucky to live in such a warm climate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE IT!!! Now I feel super bad about just seeing it. Someday I'm going to have to come visit you and take a pick next to it. That is the best every. Be careful...I BITE...CHOMP!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...