Wednesday, September 28, 2011

An Extracting Problem

Today is going to be one of those days when I get very little accomplished.  John had to have a molar extracted as it had fractured and there was no way to save it.  Having a tooth extracted is not easy at any age but seems to affect us more adversely as we get older.  John's been trying to deal with the pain and has been taking a mild pain killer plus antibiotics ... which unfortunately makes him feel dizzy and nauseous.  So given the fact that for a couple of days his diet is supposed to be restricted to soft foods this means a constant preparation of small meals ... oatmeal ... scrambled eggs ... cream of chicken soup ... mashed potatoes ... cream of tomato soup ... soup ... soup and more soup !  None of it is very filling and my hubby has always had a hearty appetite that required stick to the rib meals.
So this project that I'm working on and trying to figure out how to bring it all together has been put on the back burner ... for now.

Photos above and below ... I call them Starflowers, they're a beaded flower and it took me a while to figure out how I could use them. I had already fabricated the beaded spiral rope (which is a pattern I love to make) and I wanted to make a second strand to compliment it but wanted something very different.  The Starflower came to mind and after some manipulation I figured out how to connect three of them for a focal point 

Photo above and below ... The one wonderful thing about these Starflowers is that they are reversible, if you use different beads for the backside.  I think it should be a nice contrast and yet still compliment the basic spiral rope. 


Now I just need some time to figure out what I wish to do about the necklace sides for the Starflower strand.  I think I would like it to be a little smaller (thinner) than the spiral rope.  Hopefully I will be able to work on it more tomorrow, if John is feeling better. 

Most of us know that when it comes to opinions and suggestions regarding jewelry designs, husbands are NO help at all,  at least mine isn't.  I show him a piece that I just made and he gets this blank expression on his face like he's thinking; "What am I supposed to do with that?"   Then he usually says something like; "That's nice dear."
So if you have any suggestions regarding the sides of the Starflower necklace I would love to hear them as right now I am so undecided that I feel confused.

5 comments:

  1. All the best to John and good luck to you.I hope he is not one of those man that are always 'dying' when get in pain.Although molars can be quite meanies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! And though I'm no jewelry expert...I agree with the "thinner" strand...that just seems to make sense.

    And yes...totally agree on the husbands being no help in that department. I think I could show mine a sewing project that I did years ago and we use regularly and say "look what I made" and he wouldn't recognize it and just say "great job, that looks really nice" Lol...gotta love em!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Fiance always says something like "hmm... lovely" without his eyes leaving Baseball Tonight. I have pretty much stopped asking - you are smart to ask for back up in the blog world.

    I agree I think a thinner strand would look great. I think it is beautiful, I love the colors - perfect for fall.


    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope he's feeling better soon. Over here we've been on a dental regiment for the past 3 or 4 weeks and its exhausting never mind having something that big done. I really hope he feels back to his old normal self soon!

    I love the beaded Starflower, you are so incredibly creative! Both ways are nice but I especially love the contrasting colors, it really pops! I gave your shop a little shout today, hopefully you can get to work creating more of this lovliness really soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew what to suggest...but I don't know enough....but I *am* sitting here in awe of your intricate beading skills. These are beautiful!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...