Sunday, September 11, 2011

In Respect and Memory

It's strange how we can share thoughts.  For years both John and I "thought" about getting a flag but neither one spoke the thought out loud.  It was just before Memorial Day that I mentioned to John how it would be nice to fly the flag on our national holidays and days of special recognition.  John had been having those same thoughts.  Unfortunately our local home improvement centers were all out of the flag kits which included mounting brackets but they assured us they would be getting more in.

This past week John was able to purchase the flag kit he had wanted and it is now attached to the front of our humble home. Old Glory will wave proudly on this 11th day of Sept. 2011 in honor of all our heroes of 9-11-2001 , their memory will be eternal (which is more than I can say for the terrorist who, filled with such vile hatred, slaughtered so many beautiful and innocent souls).

Long may Freedom Reign ... Long may Justice and Liberty stand.
God bless us all!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! God Bless the USA! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said. Hard to believe it has been ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! We always put on our flag out on Holidays and of course yesterday too...proud to have it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, yesterday was a very poignant day.

    Can't believe it has been 10 years. I watched so many documentaries over the weekend which of course made me cry like a baby but I felt it was so important to have those images burnt into my brain so I never forget to honour the brave people on that day and realise what evil looks like. T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right after 9/11 I loved seeing the American flag everywhere you looked. I wish it was still that way. We will never forget that day.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...