Friday, June 7, 2013

Here's a New Place to Help You with Promotions


So just found out my world isn't all chocolate chip cookies and ice cold milk - whoever made the dStash site has probems that need fixing. Thanks to a comment by Jan of Jan4insight , I have learned that my link goes nowhere. The listing looks great but if people cannot access the link to one's website, what good is it ? :( Maybe someday somebody will fix the glitch but I've a feeling that when they do they'll start charging a fee to list there. lol :D
 

Photo above was the item I had tried to list - listing looked great but the link didn't take me to it or my shop.
Hey there - I have some great information to share with those who are looking for places to promote your handmade items or whatever you're trying to sell. It's a site called dStash and they call themselves a Classified Ads site. It's free and there isn't a lot of information on "how to" but if I can blunder around and figure it out then just about anybody can. :D
You start off on the front page  of dStash and over to the right side there's a bar that says: Publish A New Ad - by clicking that bar it takes you to their listings page where you can choose your category and type in a listings title and a description.  You can add the URL to your product and even a UTube video if you want.  And best part of all is that it is Free.  



8 comments:

  1. I looked at the site and it didn't work at all for me. There was no place to type in anything. Also, I saw the ad for your lovely earrings but every time I clicked on it, all I got was the Publish a new ad page -- it did not take to the product page for the earrings so there was no way for a viewer to purchase them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan - Thanks for the heads up. I went to my listing on dStash and though it had a live url to my shop, when I clicked it I was taken nowhere. I think I now see the problem with the site, they need to work a few bugs out of it. :(

      Delete
  2. I think I have heard of this before, was it set up by a fellow Etsian??

    I will pop over again and check it out :)

    Thanks for the info. :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T - please let me know if you too have problems as Jan (above) told me the etsy link doesn't go anywhere. I checked it out with my listing and a couple of other listings and found that to be the case. Oh drat and double drat, just when I think I've found a great new avenue to promote in, I end up on a dead end Street. :D

      Delete
  3. Great resource tip! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of it, but bummer that the link didn't work. GL w/finding a way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The earrings are too cute! Sorry to hear your link doesn't work. Good luck with finding a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep this on the radar and check it out in a few weeks. Is the site new? Hope they get the issues fixed so you can get some free promotion!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...