Wednesday, April 8, 2015

All My Eggs In One Basket . . . conclusion ...


As you've probably noticed I've broken up my story into 3 segments.  Having it all in one post would have been much too long and, understanding how valuable one's time is, I didn't want to make my blogging friends feel trapped reading a mile long post.

Anyway to continue onwards ...

 Photo of my beadwork lariat necklace.  Super long at 72" and embellished with  tassels of beadwork fuchsia flowers and leaves, this necklace sold in less than 3 weeks at the ArtCenter Manatee.


With reservations the ArtCenter Manatee agreed to give my beadwork jewelry a chance, so from September through November I was on trial.  I think they were surprised to find that my jewelry was actually selling and when the curator of the art center's Artisans' Market, printed out an invoice for all the items of mine that had sold during that time frame, she was pleasantly awed to see a grand total of  over $1,000. 

Needless to say there is no longer a question of whether or not they will be accepting my beadwork jewelry into their market. Of course the ArtCenter receives 40% of my sales but since they're the ones collecting the sales tax and paying the fees that credit card processing incurs and, most importantly, since they are a nonprofit organization, I have no qualms with their cut of the pie.

So in the end I still have all my eggs in one basket but I will continue to keep my eyes open for any new venues that may look promising.
Close-up of the beaded fuchsia flower tassles.

13 comments:

  1. YAY! Your stuff IS selling like hotcakes! I was hoping! Congratulations! :D What a feather in your cap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo. :) Perhaps all those doors that were closed to me, was fate's way of leading me to where I needed to be.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy. By the way, you have a splendid blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for you! This necklace is gorgeous. I love the earthy colours in it. My favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, thank you for the kind compliment. I too like the warm earthy tones, they seem to go well with almost anything.

      Delete
  4. The lariat is absolutely stunning! I'm so happy for you that you found a venue, and I hope it continues to be successful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I am glad this Hollywood tale had a happy ending. It is great news that you landed a place to sell your jewelry. I am impressed that you stood up for your art and got the trial- way to go! I am think your attitude with regard to the 40% is spot on. AND finally, love that lariat- it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KJ. I had a lot of doors closed in my face, so to speak, but perhaps it was fate leading me to where I needed to be. :)

      Delete
  6. Hurray! This necklace is absolutely gorgeous! I love a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely design! I knew immediately it was a fuchsia flower as we had those all over the yard in CA. LOVE this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    Beautiful necklace!

    Regards,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Anna :) Both the featured design and the conclusion to your tale!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...