Monday, August 24, 2015

10 YEARS IN THE MAKING


 
Continued from previous post
Eagerly I rushed to verify if my revelation was correct or not.  Removing the pile of clothes from the top shelf of the cabinet, I could tell it definitely contained  some pattern pieces but as I withdrew the pieces I realized they were pinned to fabric and were not of the pattern that I had been looking for.  This pattern had been pinned to a kitschy, cute pineapple print, fabric and had even been carefully cut out.  But then, in the flurry of getting our home ready to put on the market, I had tossed it in with a bunch of  clothing that I was going to repair "someday", and for the last 10 years or so it had sat around,  forgotten and with pins and tissue pattern still attached, waiting for me to "someday" put it together. 
 

To my surprise, as I extracted this unfinished garment from the pile, there, buried with it, was the pattern package that I had spent hours searching for. 
 
Of course now my priorities had changed.  After all, this unfinished garment had been waiting far longer and deserved to be moved to the top of my to do list. 
 
 
 
Yes I finally completed the dress with the sweet pineapple print . . .
 
 
 
 
 and the first time I wore it, my daughter asked if it was new and if I had made it.  I replied; "Yes. Yes I did make it and it only took me 10 years."

10 comments:

  1. I love your new dress! And the story behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JoJo. Must admit that most of the work was done since the fabric had alread been cut out. Feel so sorry for the poor thing as it sat in a box for almost 2 years, then it sat in my closet cabinet for another 8 yhears. It probably thought it would never be put together. : D

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! And I love the answer you gave your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. My daughter and I did get a good laugh out of it. :)

      Delete
  4. I'd hate to look in some of my fabric collections, I'd probably find some ancient hideaways, too LOL. It's awesome that you were able to rescue and use this great project, Anna (and seriously, why are envelope models always drawn as if they are 8 feet tall!?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique, thanks for dropping by. I agree, things can get buried too easily.
      And, lol, yes why are those models drawn to look so tall and like they weigh 98 lbs ?

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you finally found it! What an adorable dress. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi A, :)

    That is awesome you got the dress finished and it looks lovely on you :)

    I have similar projects, one is a quilt that I actually finished the top to right before I left Oregon in April (only took 10 years) but I still haven't got the backing or the batting, so hopefully when I have time to go to the store it won't take me another 10 years to finish, sheesh :)

    I know I have said this to you before, I admire your
    patience doing jewelry making but re-working, wow, now I bow down to you (well, I might not be able to get up again, if I do, but you get it right, lol :)

    Sorry, I haven't been around, you most probably will hear the saga if I ever get around to blogging again :)

    Hope your week is going well, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it ! Glad you found the time to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...